Washington D.C. Field Trip

Emily is studying American History this year and I am teaching the class which also includes several other home schoolers. We live in such an outstanding location with accessibility to visit historical sights and we plan to make the most of it this year!! This week we took our first of several field trips. We loaded up our van and drove to the Metro Station and took the train into Washington, D.C. Good thing everyone was a great walker!! We were able to see everyone of the memorials, plus go up to the top of the Washington Monument, and see the outside of the White House and Capital building. Amazing Day!!!! ~ Sue (click on the collage to see enlarged photos)

3 Comments:
Emily,
I had no idea you were going to D.C. It looks like you had a lot of fun. When I was in 8th grade I took a class trip there too. Did you go to the Vietnam War Memorial. My dad's best friend's name is on it, that was really cool for me to see.
Love,
Ashley
Looks like a fun trip...even though it was a bunch of "crazy" schoolers! Hey - your next trip should be to visit the Alamo...and you could visit us on the way! :-)
Sounds like fun! I've never been to DC... cool times!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home